What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Believe me, there's always time for that. Here's what I do. When I become friends with someone, I try to follow what they're interested in. For instance, a friend of mine was interested in wargames. He showed me a few, and I decided to give them a try. Turns out, I'm a huge fan of them now.

Yeah, that sounds like a fun way to both get to know someone, and find new interests at the same time :) That's really neat that you took to those games so well. Which ones do you play?

TheSkaFish said:
Believe me, there's always time for that. Here's what I do. When I become friends with someone, I try to follow what they're interested in. For instance, a friend of mine was interested in wargames. He showed me a few, and I decided to give them a try. Turns out, I'm a huge fan of them now.

Yeah, that sounds like a fun way to both get to know someone, and find new interests at the same time :) That's really neat that you took to those games so well. Which ones do you play?

Oh! It's the tabletop ones. There's one called Warhammer 40k that I used to play, but the company that made the game charges waaaaaay too much for their stuff. Still, had some fun moments. My profile pic is one of the models I put together. :)

TheSkaFish said:

Oh! It's the tabletop ones. There's one called Warhammer 40k that I used to play, but the company that made the game charges waaaaaay too much for their stuff. Still, had some fun moments. My profile pic is one of the models I put together. :)

I played the very first edition of Warhammer 40K and the original Warhammer Fantasy Battle some 30+ years ago. I remember many happy hours assembling lead (You know, back when no one worried about kids chewing on brain destroying chemicals) space marines and painting them with my friends.

I stopped playing them in my mid-teenage years, although I kept playing a game called Blood Bowl (also created by Games Workshop) until my early twenties. Good times.

I guess some friends and acquaintances have been keeping an eye out for a date for me.
I found out a coworker is trying to set me up with this one girl. I guess everyone else likes her too.

Feeling mixed about that. I never had anybody go out of their way like that. Although the situation is seems purely incidental, but the thought is there.

I can't imagine what it might be like to have a partner/share life with someone.
I'm very well putting the cart before the horse here, but I can't help but have these kinds of thoughts.

Today is my sisters birthday. Steering far clear from this as much as possible. If they ask why, i'm giving them both barrels.

The very thought of this person makes me very ill.

ladyforsaken said:
I feel like I've turned into a bad person, I hope that's not true, I think I'm not doing anything right and I remember those days... those were the days.

*hugs* We can be our own worst critics at times. I've seen your posts and talked to you through PMs. If those are any indication, you are certainly NOT a bad person.

*hug* you're always so nice, thank you.

Wishing I could go back in time. Wishing I knew what I need to be, what way would make me happiest.

Hoping there's still something I can do, about any of it.

Thinking I need to just keep doing the next smallest thing to get my life back on track.

EveWasFramed said:
TheSkaFish said:
Thinking I need to just keep doing the next smallest thing to get my life back on track.

Very good, Ska. :D

That's how I get out of bed in the morning. I never feel like waking up to what my life has turned out to be like but I just tell myself that even something little is a win, like washing my face or combing my hair. My willpower is very low in the morning, even lower than usual. If I stop to think, I'm done for, so I just do anything that gets forward momentum.

Haha yeah I thought your profile picture might have been from Warhammer, but I wasn't 100% sure. I played that game once, but I had to use my friend's Tau army. I liked them because I wanted to play as aliens. I didn't have my own, you're right about them being too expensive!

Mostly I play pencil-and-paper roleplaying games like Star Wars or this other one we've started called Dungeon World, which is like D & D, which I've also played. Another game I play is HeroScape, idk if you've ever heard of it but it's about making a map with different terrain pieces and creating armies from various themes, from real-world human armies to fantasy creatures like dragons, gryphons, and aliens into one group and fighting each other. Some of them have special powers as well. And I play various card and board games too. Me and my friends played these ones called Larceny and Boss Monster over the weekend, and had a lot of fun at it. Larceny is kind of like apples-to-apples in that you have to convince another person that you have the winning cards, and the theme is based around coming up with a winning plan to rob an artifact. And Boss Monster is about creating an old-school sidescroller with you playing as the boss monster and creating a dungeon for heroes to try and go through. It was fun!

TheSkaFish said:

Haha yeah I thought your profile picture might have been from Warhammer, but I wasn't 100% sure. I played that game once, but I had to use my friend's Tau army. I liked them because I wanted to play as aliens. I didn't have my own, you're right about them being too expensive!

Mostly I play pencil-and-paper roleplaying games like Star Wars or this other one we've started called Dungeon World, which is like D & D, which I've also played. Another game I play is HeroScape, idk if you've ever heard of it but it's about making a map with different terrain pieces and creating armies from various themes, from real-world human armies to fantasy creatures like dragons, gryphons, and aliens into one group and fighting each other. Some of them have special powers as well. And I play various card and board games too. Me and my friends played these ones called Larceny and Boss Monster over the weekend, and had a lot of fun at it. Larceny is kind of like apples-to-apples in that you have to convince another person that you have the winning cards, and the theme is based around coming up with a winning plan to rob an artifact. And Boss Monster is about creating an old-school sidescroller with you playing as the boss monster and creating a dungeon for heroes to try and go through. It was fun!

Heroscape! Yes, I remember that one! I got the starter set for Christmas years ago and found the rules too complicated, so I just randomly threw the pieces around and pretended it was like a TV show. Good times.

Those other games sound pretty interesting too. I think I've seen Boss Monster before, but never actually got it.

I play tabletop RPGs too, but since I have nobody to play it with, I made a program to play with me. It's decisions are pretty random due to how it was programmed (It seems to like hiding behind tables and walking into traps) but I still plan on testing an updated one out sometime.

Heroscape! Yes, I remember that one! I got the starter set for Christmas years ago and found the rules too complicated, so I just randomly threw the pieces around and pretended it was like a TV show. Good times.

I used to do that with games too - before I knew how to play Risk, I'd just take out all the little pieces and play with them just like they were regular army men.

If you want, I can PM you a video I found on YouTube about how to play HeroScape. It's actually pretty easy once you've done it a few times. In fact, there's even a simplified version, which is good if you just want to dive into the game and play through quickly, since the regular version of the game takes a while to finish. My brothers and I have had to leave a map out overnight several times. The simpler version is easy to understand, but the downside is that it doesn't really reflect individual characters' wound points or their special abilities, which add a lot of strategy and fun to the game.

Those other games sound pretty interesting too. I think I've seen Boss Monster before, but never actually got it.

I play tabletop RPGs too, but since I have nobody to play it with, I made a program to play with me. It's decisions are pretty random due to how it was programmed (It seems to like hiding behind tables and walking into traps) but I still plan on testing an updated one out sometime.

Boss Monster is pretty neat too. Again, it's a little learning curve in the beginning but once you get going a few turns, you get the hang of it.

And that's so cool that you made your own custom RPG program! You'll have to let me know if the updated version makes any better decisions :)

Say something insightful and hope for the best. I fear that is (and has always been) my only way to connect with others.

Latest posts

Back