What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Short of restructuring society itself, I don't think so.

The forum is a microcosm of the larger world - more specifically, people that are for whatever reason having a hard time with the larger world. And so far, everything that made a person lonely in the late '00s - early '10s, has only gotten worse today. The only thing that's gotten better, apart from tech, is that lonely people might have an easier time finding each other due to the internet.

The world was just better back then. And even then, it wasn't that great compared to the '90s. I remember being fully conscious and doing things in the '00s and thinking the times sucked, the party was over, and I wanted to go back to the '90s. Tech was less advanced but life was less competitive and more hopeful.
I think it's more than that though. There were more people back then, so there wasn't just a major focus on negative stuff. The more positive posts were always near the top of every section, whereas now, there's fewer active posters and most of them just post the not so fun aspects of life. Understandable, of course, but when there's not much (in terms of both people and threads) to offset that, it significantly alters the nature of the forum.

Short of restructuring society itself, I don't think so.

The forum is a microcosm of the larger world - more specifically, people that are for whatever reason having a hard time with the larger world. And so far, everything that made a person lonely in the late '00s - early '10s, has only gotten worse today. The only thing that's gotten better, apart from tech, is that lonely people might have an easier time finding each other due to the internet.

The world was just better back then. And even then, it wasn't that great compared to the '90s. I remember being fully conscious and doing things in the '00s and thinking the times sucked, the party was over, and I wanted to go back to the '90s. Tech was less advanced but life was less competitive and more hopeful.

Here the early 2000s were indistinguishable from the 90s because of the technological lag. We had gaming lan houses and most people were still using payphones for mobile communication. The first time I got an internet router was around 2010, before that we had to use dial-up. In the 90s my father used to be an avid player of Quake and to this day he'll still ocasionally complain about the bad connection at the time. Just imagine it, a connection so bad you can't even play 90's Quake properly. Apparently the phone cables in the neighborhood were original 19th century ones and that's supposed to explain why they sucked so much. Funny to think they should be put to such a different use than what their makers intended.

A guy I know once told me that in the more backwater neighborhoods they still had gaming lan houses all the way up to 8 years ago, and they played the same old games that I used to play back in 2008-2010, NFSU2, the original Counter Strike, GTA: SA. I always wanted to have a lan party, but now that seems less and less likely as time goes on.

In the world of "The Matrix," the Oracle can be likened to a master hacker, someone who understands the intricate code of the Matrix and finds ways to exploit its weaknesses to support the Resistance.

Just as a hacker identifies vulnerabilities in a system to gain access or alter its functions, the Oracle discovered the hidden flaws in the Matrix's architecture and used them to challenge the Architect’s control.

In the digital realm, a "cookie" is a small file that websites use to identify users and remember their preferences. While cookies are typically benign, they can also be exploited for nefarious purposes, such as hacking into someone’s system—a technique known as session hijacking.

This is where the Oracle’s genius shines. The Architect, who designed the Matrix, held control over everyone within it.

However, there were a few individuals, like Neo, over whom his control was weaker. Neo, being the most uncontrollable, became a prime candidate for the Oracle’s intervention.

When the Oracle gave Neo a cookie, it wasn’t just a simple gesture; it was a symbolic act of session hijacking. By giving him the cookie, she essentially hacked into Neo’s system, breaking the remaining chains of the Architect’s control.

This subtle yet profound act liberated Neo from his power limiters, enabling him to fulfill his destiny as The One.

Now, how can we apply this metaphor to our own lives?

The Matrix can be seen as a representation of the world we live in—a system designed to control our thoughts, actions, and perceptions. The Architect symbolizes those forces that seek to maintain this control, keeping us within predefined limits. But within each of us lies the potential to become like Neo, to recognize the limitations imposed upon us and seek our own liberation.

The Oracle’s role teaches us the importance of wisdom and discernment. She represents the knowledge that can unlock our true potential, but it’s up to us to seek out that wisdom and use it to break free from the constraints of our own "Matrix." This requires us to be vigilant, to look for the hidden "cookies" in our lives—those seemingly small but significant opportunities that can lead to profound change.

Just as the Oracle exploited the flaws in the Matrix to free Neo, we too can find the cracks in the systems that seek to limit us. By understanding the rules and the code of our reality, we can identify the ways in which we are being controlled, and take steps to reclaim our power.

This might involve questioning the narratives we’ve been given, challenging the status quo, or seeking out knowledge that expands our awareness.

In practical terms, this means becoming more mindful of the influences in our lives—whether they come from societal expectations, media, or even our own self-limiting beliefs.

By recognizing these influences and understanding how they shape our perceptions, we can begin to take control of our own narrative. We can become the authors of our own story, rather than characters in someone else’s script.

Ultimately, the story of Neo and the Oracle reminds us that we all have the potential to transcend the limitations imposed upon us.

By seeking wisdom, remaining vigilant, and being open to change, we can free ourselves from the constraints of our own "Matrix" and step into our true power.

This journey requires courage, but it’s one that leads to true liberation and the realization of our highest potential.

Note to my future self:

You deserve a girl who will buy you a car.
If she isn't capable of buying you a car, then she isn't worth your time.

Issue solved.

Now on more serious note : where do you guys find girls who buy you stuff ? :D It doesn't need to be a 55 000 $ car.

My bottom line being: for my EX was even a big issue buy me a can of beer for my birthday (as birthday present).

Where the f.....k do you find nice girls like that ? Where do they grow ? XD

When a guy says he wants girl who can cook, he is a$$.
But when a girl makes YouTube video which goes big with saying: " Real women belong in kitchen .... " ... she is .... what ? :D
Suprise me with comments. :D

PS. Thanks Taylor <3

Latest posts

Back