Men - do you feel yourself becoming an 'incel'?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You DID NOT get your promised slice of the American Dream.

You know, I've been thinking about this... in a way you did get your slice of the American Dream, not the one that is advertised to innocent fools, but the only American Dream that there really is, which is making pools of money and being able to buy anything (or almost anything) that money can buy. That's what America really is about, after all: making money. Trump is like the embodiment of this. He is the American man par excellence. Everybody is just so concerned with making money and feeding their souls into the cogwheels of the system there's barely any time for anything else. This is why I say that a fairer and more egalitarian society is not just the solution to the people's economic grievances, but to a whole plethora of problems.

Which leads us to the problem of the conservative-reactionary utopia of establishing some kind of fascistoid, possibly militaresque dictatorship and enforcing traditional morals and behaviour onto the people. That just doesn't work. I know it doesn't because we've had this in the 80s and it didn't work, it just generated resented people and once the regime was weakened, in this case due to the inevitable global economic crisis that sooner or later strikes a highly globalized world, the resented people came out to the streets and demanded the end of the regime. In the end, the regime really ended. And how is this utopia even supposed to come about, in the first place? A bunch of sexually frustrated men will take up arms, do a coup and force all the women to be married and stay at home, lose their voting rights etc.? That's not how history works. The cogwheels of history only move foward, they might seem to be moving backwards at some points in time, but the fact is that they only move foward.

When thinking about social problems and their solutions, we should take all of this into consideration. Otherwise it's just LARPing.

You know, I've been thinking about this... in a way you did get your slice of the American Dream, not the one that is advertised to innocent fools, but the only American Dream that there really is, which is making pools of money and being able to buy anything (or almost anything) that money can buy.
This is a good point.
Just about all of my "mongering" friends are very happy with their lives.
They have no interest in a steady girlfriend and being monogamous.
Some have been engaged, others divorced, some are still married but no longer have sex with their wives due to menopause & what not.
And then there is me.
The difference, I think, is that I am older than most of them, and I was raised by older parents from the Depression/WW2 era, and they raised me with the old fashioned American dream, get married, buy a house, have kids, BBQ on 4th of July mindset.
So I absolutely feel I missed out.
But yeah, the younger guys I hang out with are all in for what you described above.
Even my non-monger friends seem to think what I do is "great".
Grass is greener I suppose.

And yeah, I know that lot's of people live paycheck to paycheck, have health issues, going through bad divorces, kids on drugs, themselves on drugs, etc...
So I really have much less to complain about.
For me it's just the depression/drinking/loneliness, but I have both financial & physical health, so I really should complain less.

The cogwheels of history only move foward, they might seem to be moving backwards at some points in time, but the fact is that they only move foward.
Yes I agree. It moves forward and only changes when disaster strikes.
- Fall of Rome
- Black Death
- Little Ice Age
Stuff like that.
The next disaster, what ever it is, will have dire consequences. Much, much worse than the above, IMO.

There is no such thing as an Incel. If you are a male and you have $50 in your bank account. I promise you that you will find a female who will have sex with you for that money. If you are a female I promise you that if you offer yourself to enough men you will find someone who will take a couple of shots and get in there.

I am not an incel, I choose to not want kids and do the most surefire thing to not have kids. I just have the added bonus of also being a creepy loser so females leave me alone in general.

Latest posts

Back