What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when the weekend rolls around and everyone you know is out, including your siblings and you're sitting at home, working and you're feeling sorry for yourself and guilty about not being grateful for what you do have, and at the same time feeling too lazy to go out, but still wishing you had a fantastic social life...

Managed to piss off my best friend, tried to give her some advice, and I said something stupid, she says we're fine but went to one word answers and now has stopped talking to me. Ive wrote a pretty lengthy apology to her on whatsapp, shes read it but hasnt answered. Gotta give her some space I guess but its really hard

zibafu said:
Managed to piss off my best friend, tried to give her some advice, and I said something stupid, she says we're fine but went to one word answers and now has stopped talking to me.  Ive wrote a pretty lengthy apology to her on whatsapp, shes read it but hasnt answered.  Gotta give her some space I guess but its really hard

Are all these stories about the same friend?

kamya said:
For the first time since childhood I can say that I worked out every day this week. :O

I made up for it though by eating like a pig :)

Ah, you've discovered the secret! Workout for extra pizza consumption :D

How's the grippers going?

user 130057 said:
kamya said:
For the first time since childhood I can say that I worked out every day this week. :O

I was able to very quickly work up to closing the #1s. But after that it's pretty much stalled. Been over a month and still can't close the #1.5. >>

I've really come such a long way in the last 12 months in terms of social skills and temperament. Have to see what comes of it though.

There is no one but yourself to rely on, so be kind to yourself...because that is all you have.

kamya said:
user 130057 said:
kamya said:

I was able to very quickly work up to closing the #1s. But after that it's pretty much stalled. Been over a month and still can't close the #1.5. >>

If it makes you feel better, the jump from 1-1.5 seems much higher than 1.5-2.

user 130057 said:
kamya said:
user 130057 said:
kamya said:

If it makes you feel better, the jump from 1-1.5 seems much higher than 1.5-2.

And I thought I was catching up to you  :p  You're already at 2.

I wish I had known ahead of time that civilization was not about to end due to running out of oil, so I shouldn't have worried about that. Instead, I wish I had known just how hard it is to get decent employment, and focused on that. I would have just gone through with finishing a degree in accounting, gotten my CPA, hated my life and wished I could be someone else who gets to actually be an interesting and attractive person, and probably almost certainly have become an alcoholic by now, with my life largely consisting of work, video games, and drinking to escape the feeling of being imprisoned as someone who can't get anywhere. I would be no closer at all to being an interesting person and would have been very upset with myself for that, I still would have had a lot of problems including being lonely because I wouldn't be able to attract anyone I want because I'd be boring and only relatable to other boring people, but of all the problems I'd still have, money wouldn't have been as much of one.

All that is true, but at the same time I hate that I'm having to look at life like that. I wish I had some other option in life besides different tracks that are all terrible but for different reasons, but it seems there isn't any, as far as I can tell at this point.

... you could have a had career, and developed a more mature, well-adjusted outlook from being in contact with mature adults on a regular basis. You would have disposable income so you could dress well, buy the things you enjoy, take part in activies, travel, and generally get out of house instead rotting at home.

kamya said:
And I thought I was catching up to you  :p  You're already at 2.

I can only close it for a single rep at a time. I can't even get the 2.5 to within a cm without using 2 hands! 2.5 seems to be about where my body has said 'Yeah, fresia that'. ;)

ardour said:
... you could have a had career,

True, although one that wouldn't do much to make me attractive beyond being independent. It wouldn't have given me any interesting ideas or stories to tell.

ardour said:
and developed a more mature, well-adjusted outlook from being in contact with mature adults on a regular basis.

It would have put me in contact with very mundane, uninspired people most likely, with very ordinary personalities and interests, who would make me feel like maybe I'm never going to learn to be interesting, never going to break out of this "league" not only in terms of looks but personality type, and all I can do is settle for mediocrity and emptiness and kill time until my health eventually fails. The people that were in my classes and the sort of people that my old classmates wound up with. They're book-smart but that's really all I can say for them. I'm not into that look or personality type or the interests they have. It's not a direction I'd really want to go in, except to avoid doing even worse.

ardour said:
You would have disposable income so you could dress well,

True, although as far as dressing goes there's only a few things I like that are expensive. I mostly wear band shirts or graphic tees, sweaters and pants and I'm satisfied with that.

ardour said:
buy the things you enjoy,

Definitely. This is probably one of the few good things that would have happened if I took that route. I'd be up to date on my collections.

ardour said:
take part in activies, travel,

Not really. I would have had the money to take part in activities but not the time, and probably not the energy either. And any time I did manage to actually do something, I wouldn't be able to get good at it due to not being able to practice it consistently (assuming a best-case scenario, that you can overcome a lack of inborn talent or starting during a critical learning window, with hard work).

Also, travel is something I really don't get. A lot of people like it and list it as an interest on their dating profile or Facebook but I don't see what the big deal is. You go to a place, see the thing, take the same pictures everyone else has, shrug, and go home again more or less the same person you were before. If something isn't going to give me inspiration, ideas, stories, a more unique personality, or make me more attractive, then it just feels like a distraction to me.

ardour said:
and generally get out of house instead rotting at home.

I'd just have been rotting there instead of here.

I'm not saying that I like doing this any more. Being an accountant would have definitely been the better choice. But that still doesn't mean it would be a good life. It would just be a slightly better flavor of awful. I seem like I'm just being cantankerous but that's how the world really looks to me.

TheLoadedDog said:
Wondering if drinking straws have one hole or two.

Also NSW railway signalling.

It goes in one hole and out the other.

No context.

Amelia said:
when the weekend rolls around and everyone you know is out, including your siblings and you're sitting at home, working and you're feeling sorry for yourself and guilty about not being grateful for what you do have, and at the same time feeling too lazy to go out, but still wishing you had a fantastic social life...

Get out of my mind Amelia! XP

TheSkaFish said:
ardour said:

True, although one that wouldn't do much to make me attractive beyond being independent.  It wouldn't have given me any interesting ideas or stories to tell.

ardour said:
and developed a more mature, well-adjusted outlook from being in contact with mature adults on a regular basis.

It would have put me in contact with very mundane, uninspired people most likely, with very ordinary personalities and interests, who would make me feel like maybe I'm never going to learn to be interesting, never going to break out of this "league" not only in terms of looks but personality type, and all I can do is settle for mediocrity and emptiness and kill time until my health eventually fails.  The people that were in my classes and the sort of people that my old classmates wound up with.  They're book-smart but that's really all I can say for them.  I'm not into that look or personality type or the interests they have.  It's not a direction I'd really want to go in, except to avoid doing even worse.  

ardour said:

True, although as far as dressing goes there's only a few things I like that are expensive.  I mostly wear band shirts or graphic tees, sweaters and pants and I'm satisfied with that.  

ardour said:

Definitely.  This is probably one of the few good things that would have happened if I took that route.  I'd be up to date on my collections.

ardour said:

Not really.  I would have had the money to take part in activities but not the time, and probably not the energy either.  And any time I did manage to actually do something, I wouldn't be able to get good at it due to not being able to practice it consistently (assuming a best-case scenario, that you can overcome a lack of inborn talent or starting during a critical learning window, with hard work).  

Also, travel is something I really don't get.  A lot of people like it and list it as an interest on their dating profile or Facebook but I don't see what the big deal is.  You go to a place, see the thing, take the same pictures everyone else has, shrug, and go home again more or less the same person you were before.  If something isn't going to give me inspiration, ideas, stories, a more unique personality, or make me more attractive, then it just feels like a distraction to me.  

ardour said:

I'm not saying that I like doing this any more.  Being an accountant would have definitely been the better choice.  But that still doesn't mean it would be a good life.  It would just be a slightly better flavor of awful.  I seem like I'm just being cantankerous but that's how the world really looks to me.

You know all of this how?

All I'm seeing are excuses and self-limiting beliefs. Or, maybe it makes you feel better about your current situation if you convince yourself that life would have been honeysuckle anyways. I dunno. 

Either way with such a negative mindset it's going to be really hard for things to get better for you.

TheSkaFish said:
ardour said:

True, although one that wouldn't do much to make me attractive beyond being independent.  It wouldn't have given me any interesting ideas or stories to tell.

ardour said:

It would have put me in contact with very mundane, uninspired people most likely, with very ordinary personalities and interests, who would make me feel like maybe I'm never going to learn to be interesting, never going to break out of this "league" not only in terms of looks but personality type, and all I can do is settle for mediocrity and emptiness and kill time until my health eventually fails.  The people that were in my classes and the sort of people that my old classmates wound up with.  They're book-smart but that's really all I can say for them.  I'm not into that look or personality type or the interests they have.  It's not a direction I'd really want to go in, except to avoid doing even worse.  

ardour said:

True, although as far as dressing goes there's only a few things I like that are expensive.  I mostly wear band shirts or graphic tees, sweaters and pants and I'm satisfied with that.  

ardour said:

Definitely.  This is probably one of the few good things that would have happened if I took that route.  I'd be up to date on my collections.

ardour said:

Not really.  I would have had the money to take part in activities but not the time, and probably not the energy either.  And any time I did manage to actually do something, I wouldn't be able to get good at it due to not being able to practice it consistently (assuming a best-case scenario, that you can overcome a lack of inborn talent or starting during a critical learning window, with hard work).  

Also, travel is something I really don't get.  A lot of people like it and list it as an interest on their dating profile or Facebook but I don't see what the big deal is.  You go to a place, see the thing, take the same pictures everyone else has, shrug, and go home again more or less the same person you were before.  If something isn't going to give me inspiration, ideas, stories, a more unique personality, or make me more attractive, then it just feels like a distraction to me.  

ardour said:

I'm not saying that I like doing this any more.  Being an accountant would have definitely been the better choice.  But that still doesn't mean it would be a good life.  It would just be a slightly better flavor of awful.  I seem like I'm just being cantankerous but that's how the world really looks to me.

Ska your outlook on life is the definition of insanity. I don't how you ever expect things to get better for yourself when you always have a reason why nothing will ever work.

Your comment about travel makes me wonder if you've actually left the U.S because I can tell you that traveling to another country can have a massive impact on you and be very inspirational. Traveling exposes you to whole new mindsets and ways of life and for me it's been a huge factor in shaping who I am. It's not about taking photos of places, it's the cultures you are exposed to and the people from all over the world that you meet.

TheSkaFish said:
I wish I had known ahead of time that civilization was not about to end due to running out of oil, so I shouldn't have worried about that.  Instead, I wish I had known just how hard it is to get decent employment, and focused on that.  I would have just gone through with finishing a degree in accounting, gotten my CPA, hated my life and wished I could be someone else who gets to actually be an interesting and attractive person, and probably almost certainly have become an alcoholic by now, with my life largely consisting of work, video games, and drinking to escape the feeling of being imprisoned as someone who can't get anywhere.  I would be no closer at all to being an interesting person and would have been very upset with myself for that, I still would have had a lot of problems including being lonely because I wouldn't be able to attract anyone I want because I'd be boring and only relatable to other boring people, but of all the problems I'd still have, money wouldn't have been as much of one.

All that is true, but at the same time I hate that I'm having to look at life like that.  I wish I had some other option in life besides different tracks that are all terrible but for different reasons, but it seems there isn't any, as far as I can tell at this point.

Are you aware that this post is basically identical to things you posted when you first joined almost FOUR YEARS AGO?  So, in four years, nothing has changed.  All the while, you have had a lot of people telling you the same thing.  IDENTICAL advice from people of all walks of life, people who have different issues and problems.  People who have completely different reasons for bringing them here.  All of these people telling you the same thing.  Time after time, year after year....and you just keep posting the same old honeysuckle. 

Don't you think PERHAPS it's time for a change?  PERHAPS it's time to take a little bit of the advice you've been given?  Stop letting fear stop you.  Just because you get a job you don't like to make some money doesn't mean you have to keep it forever.  You NEED a job to get a better job, that's typically how life works.  I mean, seriously, would having ANY job really be worse than what you have right now?  At least you'd have your own money.

It feels like everything anyone says publically is found offensive to someone and becomes an issue. I wonder if some of it is genuine sensitivity to the issue or people using it as excuses to be dramatic, aggresive or self-pitying.

Latest posts

Back