What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
TheSkaFish said:
I wish I had known ahead of time that civilization was not about to end due to running out of oil, so I shouldn't have worried about that.  Instead, I wish I had known just how hard it is to get decent employment, and focused on that.  I would have just gone through with finishing a degree in accounting, gotten my CPA, hated my life and wished I could be someone else who gets to actually be an interesting and attractive person, and probably almost certainly have become an alcoholic by now, with my life largely consisting of work, video games, and drinking to escape the feeling of being imprisoned as someone who can't get anywhere.  I would be no closer at all to being an interesting person and would have been very upset with myself for that, I still would have had a lot of problems including being lonely because I wouldn't be able to attract anyone I want because I'd be boring and only relatable to other boring people, but of all the problems I'd still have, money wouldn't have been as much of one.

All that is true, but at the same time I hate that I'm having to look at life like that.  I wish I had some other option in life besides different tracks that are all terrible but for different reasons, but it seems there isn't any, as far as I can tell at this point.

Are you aware that this post is basically identical to things you posted when you first joined almost FOUR YEARS AGO?  So, in four years, nothing has changed.  All the while, you have had a lot of people telling you the same thing.  IDENTICAL advice from people of all walks of life, people who have different issues and problems.  People who have completely different reasons for bringing them here.  All of these people telling you the same thing.  Time after time, year after year....and you just keep posting the same old honeysuckle. 

Don't you think PERHAPS it's time for a change?  PERHAPS it's time to take a little bit of the advice you've been given?  Stop letting fear stop you.  Just because you get a job you don't like to make some money doesn't mean you have to keep it forever.  You NEED a job to get a better job, that's typically how life works.  I mean, seriously, would having ANY job really be worse than what you have right now?  At least you'd have your own money.

As if we, all the rest of ALL, know what we are talking about.  :rolleyes: . Of course, all of us are wrong. Duh.
Edit:

Ska, you remind me of my father. He didn't take some chances back in the past and now his life isn't the way he wants it and all of it is everyone elses fault but his. Perhaps it's time for you to look in the mirror and realise that for the past four years you've been pointing fingers at everyone and everything to blame for the things you didn't do.

So many people are interesting. You just don't know. Who are you to decide whether people are mundane or not mundane. You really think too highly of yourself. For someone who doesn't use their degree but instead just hang out at home, saying that you only want to hang out with highly intellectual people but still say that the power of the world is in the hands of the macho's?

Like, really?
I'm so confused.

I am a high school drop out. I was chronically ill but ***, I fought my way up. I'm in my last year of my bachelors, I'm president of my student council, I have an entire project under my arms, I did volunteer work for an organisation in my country, made it big. I've changed organisations now and will do the marketing for this one. I will get my masters after this and hopefully get a great internship.

THE KEY TO MEETING INTERESTING PEOPLE IS TO ACTUALLY LEAVE YOUR HOUSE. Stop wallowing.

TheSkaFish said:
If something isn't going to give me inspiration, ideas, stories, a more unique personality, or make me more attractive, then it just feels like a distraction to me.

This makes me sad. You're stuck and living your life for the sake of others. It's either all about being more attractive or all about proving your worth, "I'm better than you" type revenge.

Aren't you tired of thinking like that? Aren't you tired of needing to prove something to yourself?

I know us peasants are just boring and god forbid you ever had to deal with someone like that, maybe thinking less about what someone's story/personality can do to your self image and more just actually getting to know them would be better.

Tbh this is so obviously a case of insecurities gone wild that I can't help but feel bad. I don't know what will take you to listen, but it's clear that you can't at the moment.

niceguysfinishlast said:
TheLoadedDog said:
Wondering if drinking straws have one hole or two.
It goes in one hole and out the other.

I think it's just one very long hole. Like a tunnel!

VanillaCreme said:
He is why I would prefer older men.

Ah, Kurt Russell, I know.......

If I had been into older men, I'd think that too ;-)

Rainbows said:
As if we, all the rest of ALL, know what we are talking about.  :rolleyes: . Of course, all of us are wrong. Duh.
Edit:

Ska, you remind me of my father. He didn't take some chances back in the past and now his life isn't the way he wants it and all of it is everyone elses fault but his. Perhaps it's time for you to look in the mirror and realise that for the past four years you've been pointing fingers at everyone and everything to blame for the things you didn't do.

So many people are interesting. You just don't know. Who are you to decide whether people are mundane or not mundane. You really think too highly of yourself. For someone who doesn't use their degree but instead just hang out at home, saying that you only want to hang out with highly intellectual people but still say that the power of the world is in the hands of the macho's?

Like, really?
I'm so confused.

I am a high school drop out. I was chronically ill but ***, I fought my way up. I'm in my last year of my bachelors, I'm president of my student council, I have an entire project under my arms, I did volunteer work for an organisation in my country, made it big. I've changed organisations now and will do the marketing for this one. I will get my masters after this and hopefully get a great internship.

THE KEY TO MEETING INTERESTING PEOPLE IS TO ACTUALLY LEAVE YOUR HOUSE. Stop wallowing.

Can I chum up to you and, by ricochet in a couple of years when you become a big wealthy PDG, inherit a couple of mil, like 5 mils?
I'm not greedy, that'll be more than enough for my lifetime and my kids' lifetime, thank you  :)

Hehe, Harrison Ford's my dad ;-)

Well, not anymore, but younger? Put on him a fedora and you'd expect him to start punching Nazis :D

user 130057 said:
Sad to hear that Dolores O'Riordan has passed away.

This. *broken-hearted* I am a fan of hers and she was still young ... this is shocking....life is so unfair and cruel. :(

RIP Dolores O`Riordan! =((

Richard_39 said:
VanillaCreme said:
He is why I would prefer older men.

Ah, Kurt Russell, I know.......

If I had been into older men, I'd think that too ;-)

I actually thought a few weeks ago that he was a pretty good looking dude. Watched Overboard about four times during the holidays. But he's not rugged enough for me.

Serenia said:
It feels like everything anyone says publically is found offensive to someone and becomes an issue. I wonder if some of it is genuine sensitivity to the issue or people using it as excuses to be dramatic, aggresive or self-pitying.

Obviously the latter.

Nerding out and thinking about railway signalling. Again. Is the North American speed signalling the superior system, or is it British route signalling? Or the Australian version of British signalling with American and local components? Are upper or lower quadrant semaphore signals better? Should there be centralised control or local boxes? Does the Pope honeysuckle in the forest? Is the bear a Catholic? Should I shut up? Don't answer that last one....

Latest posts

Back