Life Facts DAILY!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depression is often the result of over thinking. The mind creates problems that don't even exist.

Mosquitoes have killed more humans than all the wars in history combined.

9006 said:
Ironically, listening to sad songs can actually create positive emotions.

This is very true for me. Some people are baffled as to why I listen to sad songs when I am feeling sad, but I find it cathartic and it helps me feel better. Listening to happy songs when I'm sad can actually worsen my mood.

Other people listen to "angry" music when they're angry, so I don't know why it should sound so strange to anyone. =/

9006 said:
If you get a text that angers you, wait an hour to respond. You'll be surprised how much more rational you become.

Yes! I've suggested this to people, but unfortunately it takes more self-discipline than a lot of people seem to have.

You will spend about 3 years of your entire life sitting on the toilet.

Lazy fact # 7548350252342723, You were too lazy to read that number.

Yeah, I think you naturally glance over it as you consider it unnecessary.

We can raed and udnretsnad msseed up stneceens as lnog as the frsit and lsat lttrees of the wdros are in the crrcoet plaecs.

What i if told you...
You the read first line wrong...
And the second...

Nutella was actually invented during WWII, when an Italian pastry maker mixed hazelnuts into chocolate to extend his chocolate ration.

Most people say "I'm tired" when they're actually just depressed and upset.

Everyone has a unique tongue print, just like fingerprints... Female kangaroos have 3 veginas... Speaking of kangaroos, old language from Australia, kangaroo was a slang for "I don't know"... When a tourist asked a local what the animal was, local said, "kangaroo", meaning he didn't know... Name stuck ever since... Word "honeysuckle" stands for "Substance from Human Intestine Track" and was used as a medial term exclusively... When a doctor told his assistant after the surgery or autopsy, "Get that honeysuckle off the table", he literally was referring to paitent's stomach constant..

Eating chocolate while studying helps the brain retain new information more easily.

Foods that taste great in a restaurant tastes totally different in an airplane at 35,000 feet in the air. At 35,000 feet your taste buds are dramatically decreased making food taste bland and dull.
The automatic popup bread toaster was patented before the bread slicing machine. 1919 and 1928.

Most people think about their true feelings late at night while they're laying in bed, unable to sleep.

9006 said:
Most people think about their true feelings late at night while they're laying in bed, unable to sleep.

I always thought about this. And wonder why. Maybe cos it's quiet, and you're on your own, shut out from the rest of the world... so you tend to reflect on things in this state.

ladyforsaken said:
9006 said:

I always thought about this. And wonder why. Maybe cos it's quiet, and you're on your own, shut out from the rest of the world... so you tend to reflect on things in this state.

Yeah, then it starts to annoy you because you can't get to sleep and you lie there for hours trying to shut your brain off and it doesn't have a freaking off switch. :/

Sci-Fi said:
ladyforsaken said:
9006 said:

Yeah, then it starts to annoy you because you can't get to sleep and you lie there for hours trying to shut your brain off and it doesn't have a freaking off switch. :/

Exactly. Then it's either you can't sleep through the night, or you do, but not very well because it feels like you're still awake while you're asleep and you wake up feeling unrested and meh.

It's just a time when you reflect on things better, because you're in a safe place to relax coupled with feeling tired makes any feelings like anger, frustration or any other that impairs your judgement less likely to do so. Also you always seem to have more clarity.

Latest posts

Back