Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty easy. Though I too would question whether or not you're just screwing with me. Unless it was someone I knew pretty well already.

AmytheTemperamental said:
I can't imagine asking someone out as a joke. Has that happened to you guys?

Yep, quite a few times. I'm pretty ugly, I was certainly regarded as ugly back then, or at least I'm pretty sure that's why it happened. It was not exactly a pleasant experience to be teased with the opportunity of going out with someone, especially when it was so obvious they were making fun of me.

I am lucky enough to say that this has not happened to me.

How easy is it to ask you out? (yes, specifically you, man who is reading this) :D

I will let you know when someone actually does it.

Just one time in high school that I can remember. It happens. I've had girls initiate that were serious before too. Though from my limited experiences the probability of it being insincere are pretty high. :O

There's no way I'm going to put you down in a mean way if you do. Though whether I'll say yes or not is a different matter.

I have been asked a 2 times but not as jokes ... both were people I was interested in
I approached very carefully LOL

If a woman flat out asked you out, would that be enough? If you liked her?

Yes, and I would be so thankful for a woman who isn't hung up on adding needless complexity and mind games and insistence that gender role crap be strictly adhered to. Dating is supposed to be fun, but people have all these rules and regulations, I feel like it's a job in and of itself.

Sci-Fi said:
Very. It's just getting past the shy exterior.

Absolutely. Best feeling in the world when it happens...at least for me it was. First, it's the shock that they would even consider asking you out. Then, after she leaves, I"m on cloud nine...you couldn't knock the smile off my face. :D

beautiful loser said:
Absolutely. Best feeling in the world when it happens...at least for me it was. First, it's the shock that they would even consider asking you out. Then, after she leaves, I"m on cloud nine...you couldn't knock the smile off my face. :D

I would have to say that would be my reaction too.

Now I just want it to happen.

I am speaking on the phone for first time tonight to a man who I met on a Online Dating site. We have messaged for a month now, and this is the next step tonight. He has already said he would like to take me on a date within the next month. But I am so nervous about it, I know he is too. I do plan on being myself, but any tips suggestions from you guys? Anything I should say or not? I hope it will just be natural.

Sci-Fi said:
Very. It's just getting past the shy exterior.

I don't know what more you are looking for, I answered your question. I don't get asked because of it. The only ones who ever asked me were ones that had known me for awhile. I've never had a woman just walk up to me and ask me out, ever.

@Serina, just do what you do when you message it isn't much different except you get to hear each others voices. Just don't get overly giggly that can be annoying.

I got next to nothing of dating experience. So don't take my advice too seriously.

Depending on how comfortable you are, I'd start the date with a proper hug. It breaks down that barrier people got around everyday interactions.

An easy way to spice up the date a bit, is to ask a few somewhat challenging questions. For every bland question, like where did you grow up, do you have siblings, ask something like, what would you bring if you had to live in an igloo for one month. Or, what's the most difficult choice you've ever made. Or ask for advice on something in your life.

Ignore those specific examples. Bottom line is that you should talk and have a good time. Not have a session of mutual interrogation.

Serenia said:
I am speaking on the phone for first time tonight to a man who I met on a Online Dating site. We have messaged for a month now, and this is the next step tonight. He has already said he would like to take me on a date within the next month. But I am so nervous about it, I know he is too. I do plan on being myself, but any tips suggestions from you guys? Anything I should say or not? I hope it will just be natural.

Structure seems to help nervousness....someplace public like coffee or lunch...definite limited time and then go back and get your bearings

Serenia said:

Just remember to be yourself and you will be fine because the way you are you are good enough for anyone.

Serenia said:

I'd say only one thing...Relax. You don't have to say or do anything special. Just spend the quality time. Well, It's easier to say than done.

Serenia said:

I say just talk and don't be too fussed about anything.

Thank you for all the advice guys. It went well. We were both a bit nervous, and he got a bit tongued tied at first, which I thought was endearing. We had plenty to chat about and are doing it again next week. I like the timing of this we text morning and night and have actually set the date for our date and he is coming to my town. So all things good.

Latest posts

Back