Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serenia said:
Thank you for all the advice guys. It went well. We were both a bit nervous, and he got a bit tongued tied at first, which I thought was endearing. We had plenty to chat about and are doing it again next week. I like the timing of this we text morning and night and have actually set the date for our date and he is coming to my town. So all things good.

Good luck
I say luck because I think that so many of us are trying to figure out the " formula " and it's more luck than anything

So I have an actual date set!! I have in mind an outfit and I know I would feel comfortable and confident in it. I just wondered, what would you guys would like to see your date dressed in?

If anyone has the answer they never had a first date or can't get one, I am sure you can think what you like seeing a woman wear.

I am happy with what I have chosen, and if he has a problem with it, then he clearly is not for me. I am just curious what men would like to see.

Also ladies feel free to chime in with what you might wear.

Serenia said:

A black trash bag.

No, actually, probably some plain black pants and a nice shirt. Hair pulled back nicely. Possibly even a touch of makeup. I don't do fancy, so if any guy expected that out of me, he'd be going out with the wrong one.

VanillaCreme said:
A black trash bag.

You know what? I like the extra strength Hefty kind. Just so they won't tear on you so easily.

VanillaCreme said:
No, actually, probably some plain black pants and a nice shirt. Hair pulled back nicely. Possibly even a touch of makeup. I don't do fancy, so if any guy expected that out of me, he'd be going out with the wrong one.

Exactly. Be comfortable and relaxed. Because when you are that way you are going to be more confident and that's the name of the game.

Listen to me...now if I can just take my own advice.

All I want Serenia to know is that I am not worried about her at all. Not one bit. She is going to do fine and have a great time.

BeyondShy said:
VanillaCreme said:
A black trash bag.

You know what? I like the extra strength Hefty kind. Just so they won't tear on you so easily.

VanillaCreme said:

Exactly. Be comfortable and relaxed. Because when you are that way you are going to be more confident and that's the name of the game.

Listen to me...now if I can just take my own advice.

All I want Serenia to know is that I am not worried about her at all. Not one bit. She is going to do fine and have a great time.

Lol I might try the trash bag, well not in public anyway ;).

Beyondshy - That is such a lovely thing to say, thank you. I hope I will be fine, I am really looking forward to it.

Serenia said:
So I have an actual date set!! I have in mind an outfit and I know I would feel comfortable and confident in it. I just wondered, what would you guys would like to see your date dressed in?

If anyone has the answer they never had a first date or can't get one, I am sure you can think what you like seeing a woman wear.

I am happy with what I have chosen, and if he has a problem with it, then he clearly is not for me. I am just curious what men would like to see.

Nice! I knew you could do it. You are always so encouraging and good-natured, it was only a matter of time before someone near you noticed :)

Honestly I might not be the best person to ask, because I don't really have a preference for what I would like to see a woman wear. If I am already sold on your looks and personality, then what you wear won't concern me. Though I will give you bonus points if it happens to be a shirt of something I like or we both like (such as a fandom of some sort), or an outfit that I think is cool and different.

It sounds like you have already made up your mind, and I think that if it makes you comfortable and confident, then whatever it is will be a great choice since it will help you relax and feel even more attractive. I think it's just like sports, or something like that - at least part of the battle is mental.

Hope your date goes nicely :)

Serenia said:

I think what you are comfortable and confident in goes a long long way and appropriate for where your expecting to go
Nice foot wear and a LITTLE perfume lol
I know that I become a custom to my own cologne and put it on a little thick lol
Don't forget to put on a smile and laugh
And be yourself ...it got you this far 😊

Serenia said:
Beyondshy - That is such a lovely thing to say, thank you. I hope I will be fine, I am really looking forward to it.

You're welcome. And order the appetizer for dinner. You're worth it. :p

Don't really care. Could be a hoodie as long she accepts to go out with me. I fact, I hope she cares less than me.

It doesn’t matter all that much to me and I suspect a lot of guys don’t care either. If anything dress a way that's an indication of ‘you’ as an individual not a beauty stereotype.

Just turn up and don't look at your phone during conversation.

Serenia said:
So I have an actual date set!!

Well hold on now. You're not the only one. I got one too at 8:45 a.m. tomorrow although mine's an appointment with my doctor to see how the knee is getting along. 'So, how's your knee feel today?' It kind of hurts sir and all the time too. 'Great, you're coming along fine. See you in two weeks.'

So, since the men want questions, I have one.

Would you date someone if you knew they had a jealous ex? What if you found out after you started dating her that they have a jealous ex, would you stay in the relationship?

TheRealCallie said:

Would you date someone if you knew they had a jealous ex? What if you found out after you started dating her that they have a jealous ex, would you stay in the relationship?

That could even mean death.

Xpendable said:
TheRealCallie said:

That could even mean death.

Mmm, can't imagine why women don't ask questions....

TheRealCallie said:

Yes, I would. As long as she's over him. Why should his issues effect our happiness?

Latest posts

Back