What's a painful truth you've had to swallow?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a particularly remarkable person. I am no longer generally well received by family, a good portion of chance encounters in public, or even old friends. I am vainglorious in prose. I am self-engrossed and am prone towards a tendency of a perpetual underlying feeling of disappointment, despondency, and despair; of which, the fact is rarely an acceptable excuse for anything, and of which sympathy of, is perhaps equally is harmful as the scorn it often gathers for itself. I think far too highly of myself where I often ought not to, and far to lowly of those, where I ought not to. I think far too lowly of myself, where I perhaps ought not to.

And they don't make pants that aren't tight in the crotch and legs anymore, and there is almost nothing I can do about it, in the short term, and perhaps nothing I can do about it, in the long term.

If real men wear skirts, I am neither Scottish, nor a man.

Last edited:
I am not a particularly remarkable person
Well, I have always thought you were a remarkable person.

And they don't make pants that aren't tight in the crotch and legs anymore, and there is almost nothing I can do about it, in the short term, and perhaps nothing I can do about it, in the long term.
Time to learn to sew...
React Sigh GIF by The Great British Sewing Bee

Latest posts

Back