What's a painful truth you've had to swallow?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a particularly remarkable person. I am no longer generally well received by family, a good portion of chance encounters in public, or even old friends. I am vainglorious in prose. I am self-engrossed and am prone towards a tendency of a perpetual underlying feeling of disappointment, despondency, and despair; of which, the fact is rarely an acceptable excuse for anything, and of which sympathy of, is perhaps equally is harmful as the scorn it often gathers for itself. I think far too highly of myself where I often ought not to, and far to lowly of those, where I ought not to. I think far too lowly of myself, where I perhaps ought not to.

And they don't make pants that aren't tight in the crotch and legs anymore, and there is almost nothing I can do about it, in the short term, and perhaps nothing I can do about it, in the long term.

If real men wear skirts, I am neither Scottish, nor a man.

Last edited:
I am not a particularly remarkable person
Well, I have always thought you were a remarkable person.

And they don't make pants that aren't tight in the crotch and legs anymore, and there is almost nothing I can do about it, in the short term, and perhaps nothing I can do about it, in the long term.
Time to learn to sew...
React Sigh GIF by The Great British Sewing Bee

I took the hard lesson that age WILL catch up to me eventually. My delusions of durability were shattered in 2018 when I attempted to fly and realized I had no wings while sitting on top of a ladder. I must have flown too close to the sun- or florescent lights. Regardless my invulnerability was proven otherwise when the cement floor broke my fall. Now I work to maintain what I have physically lest I follow in the staggering footsteps of my recent ancestors.

It's not possible to climb up the social ladder by working hard or smart, the way you are born dictates the rest of your life. If you are born poor you will stay poor no matter what, thanks to the Matthew effect. All attempts are in vain, death is the only way out.

Latest posts

Back